Why Romania ?
Market & Location Advantages
• One of the largest markets in Central and Eastern Europe (ranking 7th in EU , with over 18 million inhabitants);
• European Union unique market gateway (access to approximately 500 million consumers);
• Attractive location: situated at the turning point between EU, the Balkans and CIS countries, Romania is crossed by three important pan-European transportation corridors: corridor no. IV linking Western and Eastern Europe, corridor no. IX connecting Northern and Southern Europe and no. VII – Danube River, facilitating inland water transportation, at the same time connecting the Romanian Port of Constanta (the biggest Port to the Black Sea) to Northern Europe, through the Rhine.
• Highly skilled labor force at competitive prices (solid knowledge in foreign languages, technology, IT, engineering etc.)
• Stability factor in the Area:
– NATO membership;
– Stability Guarantee in South Eastern Europe;
– EU membership.
• Free trade agreements with EU, EFTA countries, CEFTA countries
• State aid schemes for encouraging investors to take upon Romania and non-reimbursable financing through EU Programs.
• Sound fiscal policy (16% flat tax).